What We Offer
Building and maintaining a diverse, equitable, and inclusive workplace cannot be achieved with trainings alone. Works in Progress provides technical assistance to organizations and companies who are ready to put in the work and commit to evidence-based approaches for creating safer, harassment-free working environments.
Each organization’s needs are different, but a partnership with Works in Progress could look like:
- Reviewing and editing existing anti-harassment and anti-discrimination policies, other policies in your handbook, and codes of conduct
- Creating transparent processes for complaints and investigations regarding harassment or discrimination
- Training staff, management, leadership, and Board members on harassment and discrimination, sexual and gender-based harassment, LGBTQ cultural competency, maintaining inclusive environments online, anti-racism work, or other applicable subject matter
- Building systems of individual and institutional accountability for harm
- Advising on situations or complaints regarding harassment or discrimination when you need an outside perspective
- Changing balances of power within your workplace, including transitions and intentional yielding of power from existing leadership
- Addressing disparities in recruitment, retention, and promotion of women, LGBTQ people, people of color, people with disabilities, or other groups that are underrepresented in your staff, management, and leadership
- Making plans for diversifying your Board
- Auditing salaries across your organization and creating pay parity
- Conducting focus groups with staff to identify internal obstacles to safety, inclusion, or advancement
- Applying anti-racist, gender equity, non-heteronormative, and disability lenses to your organization’s programmatic work
- Designing and implementing short- and long-term data programs to track your organization’s work toward its DEI goals, both qualitatively and quantitatively
Let’s talk about a partnership to meet your goals and needs. Contact us.